More Details on Triple Homicide Released

While we understand that the Sheridan community wants answers for what is the only triple homicide any of our law enforcement professionals can remember, please understand that we have a lot of work to do in this very active investigation.

The Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office is receiving support from various law enforcement entities in Montana, along with the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation, the Sheridan County Coroner’s Office and the Sheridan Police Department. With all the support we have from our partnering agencies, we will be able to work through this investigation in the weeks to come.

Recap and further information:

Sometime in the late evening on Sunday, March 29, 2020, Dana Beartusk (age 54) called a relative in Montana and stated he killed a person or persons. That relative called the Sheridan Dispatch Center at approximately 8:07 pm and requested a welfare check at Beartusk’s residence in Big Horn, WY. Law enforcement knew that address to be in the 100 block of Willow St. Willow St. is a Sheridan address, but is located in the census designated place of Big Horn, WY.

The relative received other calls from Beartusk throughout the evening and updated the Sheridan Dispatch Center. Those updates indicated Beartusk had left Big Horn and was travelling to Sheridan, and later that he was travelling to Montana.

Deputies responded to the 100 block of Willow St. Three victims were located inside the house, all of which were obviously deceased and appeared to have died from gunshot wounds. The victims have been identified as:

Angelina Beartusk (age 51), Beartusk’s wife (lived with Beartusk)

Seana Fisher (age 54), Beartusk’s sister (Sheridan County resident)

Mochdaveyano “Blackhawk” Fisher (age 25), Seana Fisher’s son (Sheridan County resident)

Law enforcement attempted to learn what vehicle Beartusk was operating, but was not successful until around the same time that Montana Law enforcement contacted Beartusk near the intersection of Highway 314 and Highway 212 on the Northern Cheyenne Reservation. Beartusk was taken into custody in Montana without incident and Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office investigators attempted to speak with him that night. Beartusk declined to talk with law enforcement.

The coroner’s office has completed autopsies on all three victims. The results of the autopsies will not be available for several weeks, pending lab results.

The Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office believes a semi-automatic handgun was used, but no firearms were found at the scene or in Beartusk’s vehicle. Beartusk was apprehended almost two hours after the initial call and he was approximately 70 miles from the scene.

While we have worked with various entities in Wyoming and Montana to search for the firearm, it has not been recovered. We ask that if the public finds any firearm, that they call local law enforcement immediately. That is especially true in this case and further ask that no one touches any found firearms before calling law enforcement. If you have information about this case, please call Lt. Levi Dominguez at the Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office, (307) 672-3455.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.