Connect with us

News

Sheridan Firefighters Put Out Candle Caused Fire In Apartment

Avatar photo

Published

on

One person and one cat were rescued from an apartment fire west of downtown Sheridan.

Sheridan Fire-Rescue says just before 7:30am on Sunday, March 24th, crews responded to a fire reported at a single-story multi-family residential apartment building on the 300 block of West Brundage Street, that had light smoke showing from the basement area.

Firefighters were able to knock the fire down and contain it to the bathroom of a basement apartment.

Crews also forced entry into an adjacent basement apartment and safely evacuated one occupant and a cat.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a candle which lit combustible material.

No injuries were reported and the building was systemically ventilated and overhauled to remove any residual smoke.

Sheridan Fire-Rescue wants to remind residents to remain diligent when using candles and make sure combustible materials are kept away from heat sources.



Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *